"Once upon a time, so long ago, it seems that it was in a previous life, I worked as a driver; I was a joker, a ringleader for my family and friends; I liked to joke a lot and to receive guests. But there has been no merry feasts in our house for a long time" – says Shota Kochlamazashvili with deep sadness in his eyes.
The health of 72-year-old Shota Kochlamazashvili was seriously damaged a few years ago. He never felt pity for himself; a caring husband and father, he put all his forces on the struggle for the welfare of the family. Hard 90s reminded of themselves in many years. The health condition of our beneficiary is terrifying! Shota has diabetes, chronic sinusitis, bronchitis with respiratory failure, and severe gout.
Even when he was young Shota Kochlamazashvili had weak lungs, and the long stay in the damp and cold room have completely undermined his health. To support the family, he opened a glass bottle buy-back center in the basement premises near his house and stayed there from morning till night.
During the last year Shota Kochlamazashvili even cannot stand up as the disease has made him bedridden. The sick husband is cared for by his wife. We spoke to the beneficiaries of the Fund and asked them to tell us about the most difficult moments of their lives.
- Mrs. Nanuli, we know that your health is in poor condition, how do you manage to find strength to take care of your spouse with such attention?
- It's all about love and respect. We have a friendly family. We have two daughters, both married, but they live far away – one in Telavi, and the other one nearer, in Rustavi. The girls often visit us with our grandchildren, but they cannot help us. Their life is complicated; they have no work or constant source of income.
Shota Works is seriously ill and his gout hurts him gravely; he has severe pain in the joints, shortness of breath, and at times ambulance has to visit the beneficiary several times a day. Somehow the family has managed to buy an expensive medical device – an oxygen condenser. This reduced the frequency of seizures, but did not help to resolve the problem completely. Nanuli, the caring wife, is almost never sleeping at night; she has to control the breath and the blood sugar levels of her beloved husband. Like Shota, she also has diabetes, in addition to suffering from varicose veins. Recently there were serious problems with the spine. Nanuli has to lift her husband, change his diapers and underwear. And yet, despite all the hardships of life, the woman is maintaining cleanliness and order in their poor home.
- Nanuli, tell us please, where does your family find money for living?
- My husband is constantly in need of medication, two pensions and social allowances are not enough even for food and utilities. And we have a big problem with food. Because of diabetes we cannot eat just anything, and especially we cannot eat the cheap variants of food – pasta, bread and so on. And we have no money for dietary products! How can we survive in such a situation?!
The medical staff of the Fund constantly visits the beneficiary and monitors his condition. At first, when Shota could still get out of bed, our doctors gave him a course of massage and physical therapy, but now, in his current situation, it is impossible. Movement is the only thing Shota Kochlamazashvili is dreaming about.
- Mr. Shota, what do you miss most in your life?
- Despite the fact that my condition today can be assessed as a state of moderate severity, I'm tired of helplessness! I'm tired of constant lack of air, I dream to breathe normally, not to suffocate, and to lead an active life!
Friends, you should agree, there is no greater happiness, than helping the others!
The Kochlamazashvili need your support! Two loving spouses need our attention and help!
Shota Kochlamazashvili needs medicines, food and the most basic things in order to lead a full life!
If you have a possibility to provide them material assistance, you can deposit money to the Fund account GE15TB7194336080100003 or GE64BG0000000470458000 (Purpose: Shota Kochlamazashvili) or to make a donation directly from our website https://chernovetskyifund.ge/ge/projects/270-ishvile/
You can as well transfer money through NovaTechnology, TBCpay and ExpressPay terminals. Find our Fund in "Charity" section. (You can learn about the additional rights and obligations of the Fund by following the link https://goo.gl/GY2Gus).