Every morning our heroine suffers "to live - not to live": the mother of four children of Theon Okruashvili.
She is a victim of fierce domestic violence. And her husband, the rapist, who beat the drunk worse than the fascist children - in prison.
"I was begging him on my knees every evening: - On, - hit me. You can kill! Just don’t touch the children. They are kids and are sick!", Theon recalls with pain.
Today she is on the verge of despair - she has nothing to feed the children with, nothing to cure! Oh, woe, woe! - the unhappy mother exclaims all the time. Her two babies need constant and serious medical care ...!
- Theon, introduce us to your family
- There are five of us in the family. Me and my four children. Nick, who is 10 years old, Mariam, she is 8 years old, Lika - 6 years old and George, he is 2 and a half years old.
- Do any of the family members have health problems?
- Unfortunately yes. My two children have serious health problems ... Nick's elder and middle Lika were born with bronchial asthma, unfortunately, Nika developed into heart problems ... Nika also has very flat feet, because of which he began to curve the spine. Even visually already visible, so the back of the child is curved ...
The youngest - George - was born seven months old. When I was pregnant, my husband constantly beat me and older children, and this caused premature birth ...
George was born weak, still in the hospital he developed meningitis, and no one thought that he would survive. But my boy survived - the Lord gave him life! Each time, hugging my child and even now, looking at him, it’s hard for me to hold back my tears - I can’t imagine how I would live without George ...
They are my happiness, but sometimes I think that they were not lucky with their mother .... I can’t cure them ... There is no money ... You know how difficult it is to choose between a piece of bread and a medicine ...
Decide, treat a child, but starve to death, or feed, but do not buy medicine ...
- What treatment was prescribed for the children, will the operation help them?
- No, none of my children need an operation, thank God. Doctors prescribed us medication, which should be carried out regularly. Unfortunately, due to lack of finances, I was physically unable to bring any of the courses to the end ....
- Is there a chance for recovery?
- With the drugs, you can control the disease to prevent further complications, although it is impossible to completely cure them. In connection with flat feet and curvature of the spine, Nika needs several massage courses.
- Theon, tell me what is the most difficult thing in raising a sick child?
- The biggest difficulty is that bronchial asthma is a chronic disease that requires constant monitoring and treatment ... Unfortunately, I do not have funds for this.
For many, the onset of spring is a time of joy. Nature wakes up, the soil is filled with the scent of flowers and the birds begin to sing. For me, spring is a time of fear and anxiety, since it is at this time that children begin to have allergic attacks.
I always need to be on the alert - any next attack can be the last for Nika and Lika ... I don’t even want to say these words!
- What advice would you give to mothers who are in the same difficult situation as you?
- First of all, I am a mother, and then a woman. I realized this a long time ago. As soon as you mentally reach this concept, you will immediately gain inner strength to continue to struggle with difficulties. Never, never be ashamed of your children! You should always be proud of them. Love them not for any reason, but because they simply are. Be always attentive and vigilant.
- What is the main problem of your family?
- The main problem is the health status of my children. They need medicines for asthma, Nike’s heart medications, he also needs to conduct several courses of professional therapeutic massage. And our terrible living conditions act very badly on them ... The building in which we live is old and decrepit, damp everywhere. Humidity, dampness and dust that streams from all cracks and from all walls - have a catastrophic effect on children's health.
- What request do you apply to us? How can we help you?
- Any help will be of great help to us! Maybe someone can help with medicines - Nika and Lika take the anti-allergic syrup "Erius" in the spring. For George, even though he is two and a half years old, we still need diapers ...
Children walk in patched, ten times redone clothes, no shoes ...
We will be grateful for any food, soap, shampoo, powder ...
“Theon, tell us how you ended up in this dilapidated building?”
- This building was found by my husband, we entered here without permission and started living here. The building is in disrepair and may collapse at any time.
- Is the house decorated for you?
- No, this building has no owner. We live until we are evicted.
- How many livable rooms?
- One. All our living space is 27 square meters.
- Theon what happened in yoursth life? How did you find yourself in that position?
- It is difficult for me to answer this question. To be honest, I don’t know what a good life is. Ever since I was a child, mom and I struggled to survive. I don’t know what it feels like when you wake up in the morning and you don’t need to worry about how to feed the children. I don’t know what it feels like when you are not afraid of night and dark.
The most difficult period for me during the day is the hours before bedtime, when you are left alone with yourself and understand the whole hopelessness of your existence! Then, for a short time, a dream tears you from a terrible reality, but in the morning, waking up, you again find yourself in the same nightmare ...
Even the sun's rays are not able to disperse this nightmare. Not getting out of bed, I silently listen to the breathing of my sleeping children, and this, like a chant, immediately calms me.
Every day for the sake of my children I pull a smile on my face ... After all, they should not see despair in my eyes! They must believe that life is beautiful and let them feel bad now - tomorrow everything will be fine!
- Since we are talking about children, introduce us to them
- The elders Nika (10 years old) and Maria (8 years old) are already going to school, Lika and George - in kindergarten.
- Which of the children, in your opinion, is the most talented, who has what talents, and what does this child need to develop his gift?
“They are all talented and intelligent children, especially Niku and Mariam.” Nicky has a mathematical talent. He likes to solve mathematical examples and problems, but because of a problem with his spine, he cannot sit at a table for a long time.
The doctor said that Nika needed to go swimming so that the spine problem was more or less resolved. But, of course, we did not comply with this recommendation - there is nothing to pay for the pool, and we can’t afford to go to the sea ....
Maria loves art. She is a very flexible and agile girl. The only thing Mary asks me to do is go to the gym. This is her big dream.
George is still small, he is only 2.5 years old. He, like all the kids is very mobile, and you won’t think that he had to be on the verge between life and death ...
- Tell us about your husband, how did you meet him?
-I was 20 years old when I visited my cousin in one of the villages in Kakheti. He also rested in this village with his friends. We met, corresponded and got married after 6 months. It’s very hard for me to remember this man. Every memory of him, even a good one, turned into a nightmare for me. One thought about him causes a panic ... For several months, a free psychologist tried to get me out of this state, but could not.
“Theon, what happened?” Did he leave you?
- It would be better to quit! He mocked me and the kids! 2-3 years after the wedding, hellish suffering began in my life. Every day, every minute, he humiliated, beat and insulted me. Several times I decided to commit suicide ... But I did not dare to take this step only because of the children.
Over time, he began to scoff at the children too ... I begged on my knees to not touch the children, but it only made him more angry, and he beat harder and harder ...
During the next bullying and screaming, the police arrived ... Now he is in prison. The judge found guilty of sophisticated bullying of children and sentenced him to imprisonment for 2 years.
- Nobody helps you? Parents or relatives?
- I am an orphan. My mother was 17 years old when she became pregnant with me, and three months later buried her husband ... After the death of her father, my mother never married again. I have never seen my father, but I know that he was a great person. I believe that if he were alive now, everything would be completely different.
Mom and I actually grew up together. Despite the fact that life was complicated and at times unbearable, my mother raised me with great love. She was ready for anything for me. Mom cannot help us, because she does not work and takes care of her grandmother, who is now 82 years old. Due to the fact that my husband is currently in prison and his relatives believe that because of me they also refused me.
- Whom would you like to thank for your help?
- I would like to thank the representative of your foundation, Marina, who called me not so long ago and supported me with very kind words.
- Please share your emotions, hopes, and memories of the time when you started a family, when you were young, waiting for the birth of a child, what plans did you then make?
- I dreamed and wanted to become a lawyer or a journalist, but ... Maybe there is still time? Maybe not all is lost? I do not know.
“Did you turn to someone for help?” To local authorities, for example?
“I turned to the local authorities for help, and I was given the status of a socially vulnerable and large mother.
“Theon, what is your family’s income?”
-We receive state aid in the amount of 450 GEL. This is our only income. I distribute this amount to a small amount of food, a small part of the medicine and utilities.
- Do you believe that they will help you?
- True, I studied very well at school. Once, on a control, I helped my classmateto the teacher to solve the problem, and the teacher found out about it. But he did not scold me, but praised me, said: "God helped him with your hands." And I remember it forever. Therefore, I believe that someone will help me too and that will be help from the Lord ...
- Do you believe in God and what do you see salvation?
“My salvation is in the hands of God and in my children.” Only this faith saves me from terrible thoughts ...
- If possible, now I will talk with the children.
- Nick, what is your favorite toy?
Nika (10 years): I like to play with the ball.
- And what is your favorite dish, a treat?
Nika (10 years): Khinkali! Oh ... I remember - salivating. Mom bought us these several times - frozen ... I still feel their taste ... A sweet ... Chocolate and ice cream probably ... We don’t often eat them, but of course it’s delicious ...
- And who is your favorite hero?
Nika (10 years old): Batman.
- Why Batman?
Nika (10 years): He is strong and can fly. If I could fly, I would fly to the sky itself, I would examine each asterisk. You can’t fly to the sun - you can get burned. They told us at school.
- Do you like to study?
Nika (10 years): Of course! This is so interesting! Every time something new to learn, and then, you need to learn - the only way I can help my mother and buy her a new house!
- What are your big fees! And what do you dream of becoming?
Nika (10 years old): Astronaut. They are so cool in spacesuits! They fly in a rocket and see the earth from the highest altitude! They are the happiest people ...
- And what do you lack to be happy?
Nika (10 years): A spacesuit! (laughs). I’m joking of course. But seriously, I do not have enough beds. My back and legs hurt a lot, and we all sleep on the same bed - 5 people, can you imagine? No rest happens - in the morning as tired as in the evening.
I also dream of a computer. I am very behind the school curriculum due to the fact that I do not have a computer.
Well, more about chocolate sweets and toys, but not for me, but for my sisters. By the way, George cannot have sweets; he is still small.
- What would you wish to your peers?
Nika (10 years): I want to wish them that their mothers and themselves would be healthy. If mom is sick, then there is no one to look after the children. And let them have everything, everything about which they only wish.
“Girls, what are you dreaming of?”
Maria and Lika (8 and 6 years old) answer with one voice: About the commercials!
Maria (8 years old): We want videos! Our neighbor has one, and she skates like that! Even faster than cycling! She also taught us, but so far we are not riding very well. And when we have ours, we will even overtake her.
“Maria, how do you study?”
Maria (8 years old): I am a good student, the teacher always praises me. It’s bad that now I don’t have to go to school, I miss my classmates. But, you know what? Sometimes I didn’t want to go to school - everyone has beautiful dresses there, and some even have telephones, and I have old dresses and shoes.
- Have you been offended because of this?
Maria (8 years old): No, what are you! Never! We have very good children in the class ...
- Do you have a girlfriend?
Maria (8 years old): I am friends with all the girls, but my girlfriend is my sister Lika. We are with her all the time. She will go to school soon, and we will be there together.
- Do you help mom?
Maria (8 years old): We always help. Lika does not breathe well and she must not have dust in the house, so I always wipe the dust, and my mother washes the floors. But, at our place it is always dusty - dust from the walls and ceiling is pouring ... But, nothing, I'm not lazy ...
“You are just a beautiful girl and a real sister!” What will Lika tell us?
Lika (6 years): After all, you will not forget to buy videos for us? I really want to!
- I will not forget, do not worry. You better tell me what you do at home?
Lika (6 years old): I play.
- Do you not like to draw?
Lika (6 years): Not really, paint more ... We have coloring books and pencils. I will paint, and then erase and the coloring again as new ...
- Do you play dolls?
Lika (6 years old): I play, of course. Maria and I have a Barbie doll, we undress it, then we dress it, we put it to bed. She is our little daughter pretending.
- What would you like to ask me about except for the commercials?
Lika (6 years old): About the house for our Barbie and about her friend for her, otherwise she is bored ...
- That's it, we agreed ... Next time I’ll come to you with rollers, a house and a girlfriend for Barbie!
Lika (6 years): Look, I remember everything and I will wait!
- You better tell me what we should buy for George (2.5 years)?
Lika (6 years old): He loves cars, and he still needs shoes. Mom recently wanted to buy him, but could not ..
- And now I’ll ask my mother what she and George need to buy. Theon, what does George need and what do you need for your home?
Theon - George really needs shoes 25 - 26 sizes, he also has flat feet .... Buying shoes for children is always a problem - very expensive. Our friends sometimes give us clothes, but shoes almost never.
And for the home ... I dream of a washing machine, from washing in cold water I barely move my fingers. We do not have hot water, since there is no gas column. The one that we used to have was sealed by the gas service, it turns out to be faulty, and all the carbon monoxide was collected in the room.
- And what of technologydo you still need
- Children need a computer to do homework, a gas stove. I would like to have a blender and a toaster, so that children can cook something tasty even with simple products ... But most of all we need a bed - we all five of us sleep on the same bed.
- What is your biggest dream?
-Beautiful, clean and bright house so that my children do not need anything.
- Why did you decide to contact us?
-I heard a lot about your foundation. I know many people and families that you have helped. I believe in you. You are my hope.
- Almost all of Georgia will know about your family, when we write about you, would you like to meet friends of the Fund?
- Yes, of course, I will look forward to meeting them. Even if we don’t see each other, at least we will make friends on Facebook.
Friends, as you see, the large family of Teona Okruashvili lives in extreme need. They need food, diapers, clothes, beds, bedding and household appliances, and little Nika and Lika need a full-fledged treatment! Let's support them, show mercy, give children a chance to develop normally and have a happy childhood. You can personally visit this family and provide assistance. Children, believe us, will be happy! Call Theon, find out about the needs of the family, cheer and support, say that she is not alone and that we will not leave them in trouble! It is very important!
Here is their address: Rustavi, Boarding, st. Chapaeva 5, room 4. Tel .: 593 66 91 19
Friends, the Chernovetsky Charity Foundation is launching an action: to help Teona Okruashvili and her children!
As you know, the Fund does not stop with one-time assistance. Without children, the country and the people have no future. Take care of the younger generation! Help them survive! “Write” them to your relatives. And we are sure that the Lord Himself will bless you.
And be sure to CEREAL our post. Let your friends know about the grief of this family! It is very important!
God gives us the opportunity to take care of people who are not able to do it themselves. Not all people are the same. And not everyone is kind, as we are with you. Do not pass by someone else's misfortune! Unhappy people are given to us from above so that we can prove our faith to the Almighty not in words but in deeds!
Friends, there is one more request, if you know about the misfortune of a neighbor or acquaintance, do a charitable deed, write to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The account of our Fund:
TBC Bank: GE15TB7194336080100003
Liberty Banks: GE42LB0115113036665000
Sakartvelos Banks: GE64BG0000000470458000
Appointment: Teona Okruashvili.
You can also transfer money from our site.
You can transfer money also from the OPRA, TBCpay, ExpressPay terminals. In the charity section, find our Fund. (Additional rights and obligations of the Fund can be found at https://goo.gl/GY2Gus)
Just 1 call can save someone's life 0901 200 270
Let us think that, while helping others, we take care of our soul and come closer to the Lord precisely through the sufferings that we experience for others!