3-year-old Nikoloz wants to see so much! “Mommy, is it night already? No, dear, it’s still daytime... Oh, woe is me! God help me! Georgia, help me!” - Lia Dzuliashvili, mother of 3-year-old Nikoloz, a most beautiful Georgian baby, prays for him and for all Georgian children.
“I die every day thinking that perhaps there is hope for the baby, and because of our poverty, I can’t help him in any way. Oh, Lord, this is the worst torment in the world - to see the torment of your child”. Mom Lia hugged Nikoloz, and he wiped tears off his mother's face with his little hands.
Nikoloz always asks to hold him, cries, wants to move. He needs therapeutic massages, medications, examination, but ... I have sometimes nothing for my children to eat, not to say to treat them.
A large socially disadvantaged family of the Dzuliashvilis with four children and unhealthy parents appeal for help to all friends of the Fund! Let’s help them together! Georgian children should be the happiest in the world! They are the hope of Georgia!
Lia Dzuliashvili, a 40-year-old mother of many children, was advised by many to hand over her 3-year-old son Nikoloz to a children's shelter. The reason was his blindness. They said she would suffer with such a child!
"I am a mother and as long as I breathe, I will fight for my children, but to be honest, I am so afraid for the child...", Lia tells us.
This family is one of the poorest and most unhappy in Georgia! Lia and 43-year-old father Soso Potskhverashvili are both seriously ill! They live in the village of Tokhliauri in the Sagarejo region, and have four children: Archila, 13, Anano, 11, Tsitsi, 10, and Nikoloz, who will turn 4 in the fall.
Leah suffers from anemia, and Soso has a severe form of diabetes. These people are weak in health, but adamant in spirit. They believe in the Lord, and they hope for His love! He is their main support and stronghold on which they stand.
– What are you afraid of, Lia?
– I'm only afraid that my kids would die among strangers. Soso and I don't think about ourselves anymore! Almost all of our family is ill.
I feel that I have already given up on myself... All the weight of everyday life is on me, and my husband too. How could we work? Morning comes, and I wonder when this day will end, and at night I can't sleep; I think and worry...
I wonder how I still hold on, but the children give strength to me and my spouse.
We try to talk about positive things in the family, to inspire hope that Nikoloz will recover, will be able to walk, and see. But I often notice tears in the eyes of the children, they understand everything… I thank God for Nikoloz... Although he does not see and only crawls, but he is a very active, smart, intelligent and loving child; I am surprised how well he sings children's songs. He needs specialized education, but this is impossible in our area.
– Lia, please tell me what is the main problem related to Nikoloz's health; can surgery help him; what do the doctors say, and when did you realize that the child couldn't see?
– I suspect that Nikoloz's vision problem was caused by an injury during childbirth, which was not reported to me, and when I was discharged from the hospital, I found a scar on the back of the baby's head. Later I realized that the child could not see. I tried to find out at the hospital what had happened to my son, but they didn't tell us anything specific. Some doctors convince us that the operation will not be effective, although a year ago at Dzhavrishvili, the Tbilisi eye clinic, they suggested that in Ukraine they can operate and save one eye in which the child still feels the light, but we do not have the funds for this. Now we are trying to help Nikoloz with massages so that he can walk. He needs a long intensive massage course, but the social service only funds a 10-day course per month, which includes a 2-3-day massage, as well as special lessons and activities. Of course, we are grateful to the local administration for this, but we can't even buy the medications that the neurologist has prescribed for Nikoloz. He often screams, gets nervous, and cries. Seeing his serious condition, the other three also get nervous. The girls started heaving health problems as well. The eldest daughter also needs treatment and massages, while the younger one has lost sight in her right eye and is bothered by severe headaches and vomiting.
– How do you get to the district center with a disabled child?
– You can't even imagine how hard it is, the child is already big, I have to carry him in my arms from home almost 3 kilometers to the highway, where I stand and usually wait for transport, which may not stop to get to Sagarejo. Then I have to go back the same way. He can't get into the carriage, he is too big for the one we have, I don't know how much longer I can stand it…
– Leah, when did the problems start in your family, and how did you live before that?
– We have always been in need, but we were a happy family. 4 years after our marriage, Soso and I had our first child. Yes, then I was really happy, and even now my husband and I have no problems in our relationship, only we can support each other, we have no one else to hope for… Relatives have the same difficult living conditions and are also in need… My brother-in-law's family, with whom we live together in the same house, is just as vulnerable and almost starving as we are.
Lia's husband, Soso Potshverashvili, 43, joins our conversation for a short time.
– Soso, how did it happen that you found yourself in such a difficult situation, as the head of the family, how do you assess your situation?
– What can I say… I can't even console my family with anything... We live only in the hope of social assistance. Maybe I could do light work, for example, work as a driver, but I always have to take medication; there are problems with my heart and blood vessels, and we are afraid of losing help from the state. I used to work at a construction site, but soon I started having health problems and had to leave. I don't even know if anything in our life can improve... Nikoloz is always asking "uppy", crying, and wants to be moved around… I help my wife as much as I can.
– Lia, how did you meet Soso and how many years have you been going through life together?
— It was almost 17 years ago-we met by chance at a friend's birthday party and immediately liked each other. He and I are so alike, and even today we are told that we are like a brother and a sister. We both have blue eyes, and our kids are blue-eyed. We got married a month after we met. There were no children for four years, then Archil came along… My children were healthy, but in the last few years everything has changed… When I was pregnant with Nikoloz, my doctors told me that my hemoglobin was very low and it would be difficult to give birth, but I still decided… If God had given me a child, I would have never killed it…
– Lia, you know, there are mothers who are in the same difficult situation as yours, or even more difficult; do you have something to tell them?
– Yes, and above all, I wish them that God will look at them and strengthen them, so that they will never retreat for the sake of their children. They can always be a support for them, let them not give up… Whatever happens, the main thing is that children feel that they are loved…
Despite everything, my children do not feel a lack of attention and parental warmth. They even often tell me, we are already adults, please pet Nikoloz, so that he does not cry and does not get nervous…
Lia allowed us to talk to her children, from whom we learned that they do not have toys and books, they dream of seeing the sea, and miss meat dishes. Anano, 11, was the first to talk to us.
– Anano, please tell me, have you thought about what you want to be when you grow up?
Anano (11 years old): I love music very much, but I want to become a drawing teacher.
– Do you draw well?
Anano (11 years old): No, my older brother teaches me, he even gives me A's, he draws very well.
– What fairy-tale characters do you like or cartoon characters that you would like to imitate?
Anano (11 years old): From cartoons, I like sisters Anna and Elsa the most. They are beautiful, bold and love each other. Elsa has such a beautiful dress… And I do not have beautiful dresses... I would like to look as beautiful as Elsa… I have long hair, and I like the way my mother styles it… And I also like Masha, I would like such a doll…
– Would you share your toys with your friends?
Anano (11 years old): Yes, I have one closest friend, Barbare, she is my cousin and classmate. We always play together, she has a very kind heart, she loves Nikoloz. I think I'm a good friend to her, too.
– Anano, are you happy, or would you like to have something to make you feel happy?
Anano (11 years old): I am happy, but I dream that Nikoloz could see. He also likes music and musical toys, especially cars. He likes baby walkers because he leans on them, but he can't sit in them anymore, he's big.
I also dream of seeing the sea, I love to splash in the water, but we only have a tap in here… I really want an inflatable pool.
– What do you like to eat the most?
Anano (11 years old): I love khinkali very much... My mother used to cook, but now she doesn't…
– Why doesn't she cook? Maybe, she has no time?
Anano (11 years old): No... We just don't buy meat.
After Anano, Archil, 13, spoke to us. He loves nature and dreams of visiting Adjara.
– Achiko, I know you draw well, what can you draw the best?
Archil (13 years old): I am good at portraits, and I often draw temples. Mostly I draw with pencil and pastel, but I don't have the necessary materials. I also like to carve small objects out of wood.
– Who taught you to draw? Perhaps you have already decided to become an artist?
Archil (13 years old): I have a very good school teacher, he teaches me… But I would like to become a football player. My friends and I often play at the stadium, I'm bad at it, but I want to learn. Our class is very friendly, there are only 10 of us and we all respect each other. I am not bad at school, I like math, Georgian, art, music, and sports. I like books about nature and animals.
Now we have problems with the school laptop, the keyboard has deteriorated, it does not work well, and we do not have the Internet, we can't study together with other children.
– Achiko, what do you want to do for your family in the future?
Archil (13 years old): When I grow up, I will help my family with my salary. I will never leave my family and Nikoloz... I love them more than anything in the world... I often pray for Nikoloz before going to bed… You know, he listens to me more than the others. He may yell or be naughty, but if I tell him in jest, he listens. He recognizes us all without words, caressing our faces with his hands, and knows who is who. Nikoloz likes toys, but he doesn't have any.
– What would you like to receive as a gift?
– I really want a bike and a computer…
The younger Tsitsi shared her dream of becoming a musician and is waiting for the opportunity to learn to play the piano. She asked for two wigs for herself and her sister – pink and purple.
– Lia, with what hope did you apply to the Fund, and do you believe in the kindness of strangers?
– I believe, because 2 years ago, a complete stranger saw me with Nikoloz at the district administration, and bought us a stroller...
And I addressed the Fund with great hope, but at the same time with fear, so that our social assistance would not be cancelled…
Since you contacted us, the children's eyes have started to shine; they are waiting for some miracle… Because of the quarantine, they were left without education, we do not have Internet and remote lessons are not available to us. Thank you for responding…
Friends, we have no moral right to read this story and not help these poor people! Let's pray for Nikoloz and his brother and sisters; ask the Lord so that the life of this boy and his family would change for the better!
Let's support them, show mercy, give the children a chance to develop normally and have a happy childhood. You can personally visit this family and provide assistance. Believe us, the children will be happy!
Call Lia, find out about her needs, cheer her up, support her, tell her that she is not alone and that nobody will leave them alone in their trouble! It is very important.
Here is their address: Sagarejo Region, Tokhliauri Village. Phone 598 32 22 36
Dear friends, Chernovetskyi Fund initiates a charitable action: to help the Dzuliashvili family. As you know, the Fund does not stop at one-time assistance. Without children, the country and people have no future. Take care of the younger generation! Help them survive! "Write them down" as your relatives. And we are sure that the Lord himself will bless you.
And be sure to repost our publication. Let all your friends know about the grief of this family! It is very important.
God gives us the opportunity to take care of people who are not able to do it themselves. Not all people are the same. And not everyone is as kind as we are. Please, do not pass aside the sorrow of others! Unhappy people are given to us from above so that we can prove our faith to the Almighty not in words but in deeds!
Friends, there is one more request, if you know about the misfortune of a neighbor or friend, do a Charitable deed, write to us by e-mail: email@example.com
Here is the account of our Fund:
(purpose: Dzuliashvili family). You can also transfer money from our website.
You can as well transfer money from the terminals of OPPA, TBCpay and ExpressPay. Find our Fund in "Charity" section. (You can learn about the additional rights and obligations of the Fund by following the link https://goo.gl/GY2Gus).
Just 1 call can save someone's life 0901 200 270
Let's think that by helping others, we take care of our own souls and draw closer to the Lord through the very sufferings that we experience for others!