Life in hell!
And we have the answer: The Lord will certainly take care of them, because he wants to see us as real believers – true Christians, merciful and compassionate to someone else's grief! And he gives faith, hope and love to God to the miserable ones through the good ones!
38-year-old Khvicha Lagvilava has been suffering of a deep mental disorder since he was born. He is hopelessly bedridden, mooing like an animal, constantly anxious; he often uses a log instead of a pillow, rushes to fight with anything that moves and a shrill howl constantly comes from his habitat.
The only person he lets near him is his own mother! Only she is able to calm down her sick son, to hug and caress him!
That's what a mother's heart means: it could illuminate even the very sinful hell!
We visited this family, snuck a picture of Khvicha and talked to his mom, 65-year-old Mimosa Lagvilava:
- Tell me please, has Khvicha passed any treatment ever?
Mimosa: He was examined as a child, we went to Tbilisi twice, and they said that the disease cannot be treated. He showed aggression since childhood, but when he was little it was easier to handle it than now. Now, it is just a horror of horrors. It is closed in the room, otherwise he would run away and harm someone; he can bite or hit a person…
- You must feel so miserable?
Mimosa: My soul suffers so bad. God, spare all mothers of such a fate. My tears dried long ago, but my heart cannot get used to the fact that my son is ominously doomed to death.
- How do you take care of him?
Mimosa: He lets me approach him. I feed him, bathe him in a basin, clean his night stool, give him medicines, of course, when there are any. It is very difficult to cope with it; it is especially difficult to turn Khvicha over because he weighs more than 80 kg.
- What's your family's income?
Mimosa: - We receive social allowance and a pension. All the money is spent on simple food and medicines, which are very expensive though. I still have an elder son, but he is unemployed. He cannot even find a seasonal job as a loader. He is not married. And how could he? Not a single woman would like to live with us. My heart bleeds when I think that the insidious fate has broken the life of my elder son.
- And where is your husband?
Mimosa: Perish the man! He left us shortly after the birth of the sick son and since then he never got in contact with us, I even don't know where he is. I tried to find him for a while, but I couldn't.
– And what's this little room you live in?
Mimosa: This is a barrack of a former citrus farm, which used to function in Soviet times, and then was closed. We found this dwelling and so we live here. However, we do not know when we will be thrown out of here. The building is dilapidated, unsettled, but at least there is a roof over the head and we don't have to spend the night in the street.
– What do you need most of all now?
– Mimosa (crying): Oh, we are poor, almost starving, but most of all we need medicines. My son needs sedatives in the first place, and I need medication, but where can I get the money? I walk with a stick, my legs barely move, but I'm still holding on. If I die, what would happen to my poor son? I'm so afraid even to think of it…
– And have you asked for the help from the local authorities and deputies?
Mimosa: I appealed to the local municipality about the examination of my son, but it was a long time ago and to no avail. I haven't been anywhere since.
– Did you address the deputies?
Mimosa: No, I didn't.
– Mimosa, you understand that if you do not ask for help, no one will help you. Why don't you go to the state psychiatric clinics? They are free. And the deputies are elected in order to help such mothers as you are. And if they do not help we will write about it and the whole country will know that they are villains, and nobody will vote for them! We are read by more than half a million people!
– Mimosa (crying): We are downtrodden and grief-stricken people. Thank you very much to your Fund for supporting us and giving some advice. I believe the Lord has sent you to us. Maybe this is our salvation?
– Do you have a secret dream?
Mimosa: My dream is to die together with my sick son. I do not want to go to the other world, leaving him here in complete helplessness. As long as I'm alive, he breathes, and the son's breath is my breath.... At night, when he finally stops writhing and falls asleep, I quietly stand at the icon and pray, I call on the Lord to have mercy and forgive us all our sins!
Dear friends, here the family of Khvicha Lagvilava is in such a terrible condition. These people isolated themselves from the outside world, and they did it not on purpose, but out of ignorance. This is why they need our help in the first place. People say that when a child is sick, his mother is sick together with him, but her pain is stronger, because she is sick at heart! It is impossible to cure Khvicha, but it is possible to make it easier for his mother to care of him!
People good, help this great woman and mother! This is her address: Poti, the territory of the former citrus farm (ask for Mimosa Lagvilava).
This family needs medicines, hygiene products, food, bed linen and household appliances.
If someone doesn't have time to come and give her their support at least, here is our account. We will certainly help this kind woman as well and report to you for every tetri spent: GE15TB7194336080100003 or GE64BG0000000470458000 (purpose: Khvicha Lagvilava). You can also transfer money from our website.
You can as well transfer money from the terminals of Nova Technology, TBCpay and ExpressPay. Find our Fund in the Charity Section.
Making good deeds, helping the weak, to making the world better – all this is inherent in every person, and what is inherent must be used! Let God help you.