Two little babies Gabriella and Daniella – two-month-old sisters of baby Mariam – do not yet realize the poverty and hopelessness of their large family, but they have already fully felt the real hunger… Their sick mother has no milk, and there is no way to buy formula milk.
– At the moment I'm more worried about Gabriella and Daniella than anything else in the world. They need to eat, and my husband and I can't buy formula milk. I tearfully ask you, help me! Maybe good people will feel sorry for our children and buy them "Nutriben 1"! It depends on whether our girls will live or die of starvation!" – with tears in her eyes, the heartbroken mother pleads us.
– Nino, calm down and tell me everything in order.
Nino: I got epilepsy 8 years ago. I've been healthy all my life, I never even caught a cold, and after I got married, I started having seizures. The doctors said it was epilepsy.
Now I can't live a day without medication, and the doses are increasing... I'm even afraid to take girls in my arms, and what if I have a fit and drop them?
But our main problem is not in me – we literally have nothing to feed the children with. Twins Gabriella and Daniella were born prematurely – eight months old. They need special care, and unfortunately I don't have my own milk to feed them. The doctor prescribed us a special formula, "Nutriben 1", which has vitamins and it does not hurt the girls' tummies. But we can't afford to buy it every time, we have to buy something cheaper. But other formula milk are bad for the girls... So we really need this formula. I'm afraid my daughters will starve to death...
I cry all the time, looking at my children, Mariam and the twins. Every morning I think: what to feed them? We asked everyone who we could to help us. But how much can other people help? You know, it's difficult for everyone today.
– We are very sorry for your grief! Did you ask someone for help? The local authorities, for example?
Nino: Yes, Tbilisi Mayor's Office has been paying for the apartment we are currently living in since last October. I asked the Mayor's Office to help us with the rent, since I am a disabled person of the second group. And they really helped me – they have financed the lease for one year, until October 2020.
We don't receive any other help from the authorities.
– And what about your relatives and close people?
Nino: Our parents are already elderly and can't help us. It is we, the young ones, who should take care of them, but, as you can see, we also need help...
Both my husband and I were born and raised in Tbilisi, both in large families. My husband has seven brothers and sisters, and my family had four children. They have a hard life, but they support us as best they can: some with food, some with clothes... But everyone has their own family, their own problems…
– Do you believe that strangers can be good to you?
Nino: Yes, I do. For example, the godfather of my eldest daughter, Mariam, gave us a TV set. Our roommates help us with food. If someone makes pancakes or even cooks macaroni, they will definitely bring it in and treat Mariam. Everyone loves them so much.
– Nino, did you ever think that such a misfortune could happen to you?
Nino: Before marriage, I dreamed of a large and friendly family, a good husband and children. This dream came true. When you are young, no one thinks that life will be hard, no one can imagine that he will have nothing to feed his children with.
– How did you meet your future husband?
Nino: At our mutual friend's birthday party. We were twenty-three years old then. As Temur says, he immediately laid eyes on me, and I liked him very much at first sight. Neither Temur nor I were in love until then – we are the first love for each other. On that birthday it all started… We didn't meet for long, we got married quickly. Soon our Mariam was born.
The troubles that have befallen us have not broken our love, they have only strengthened our family… Temur is my support.
– Nino, what do you believe in? Do you believe in God?
Nino: I believe that the Lord will not leave us! I am a very religious person and often turn to God, pray in my own words, talk to the Lord, and share my sorrows with him... If God hadn't supported me, I'd be dead by now...
– Tell us about little Mariam, does she go to school or kindergarten?
Nino: Our eldest daughter Marie (6 years old) will go to school in September. And she didn't go to kindergarten. She is very sociable and loves children, but as far as she does not have clothes and shoes, I could not take her to kindergarten. In the yard, when Marie sees other children's toys, she asks to buy the same doll or Bicycle as the others. And I tell her: "Pray, and God will give you everything."
Marie is very talented and loves math. We studied at home with her, and she can count to twenty, add and subtract numbers, it's interesting to her. She likes to draw and asks for new pencils and coloring books every day, but I can't buy them for her.
She's interested in everything. She is a child, she wants everything: beautiful dresses and new toys. But, alas, we can't afford it... We are thinking about how to feed the children...
– What are your living conditions?
Nino: We rent an apartment in a hostel in Mukhiani for 350 lari. The conditions are bad, one small room in which the five of us huddle.
– What's your family's income? What can you afford?
Nino: I receive a social allowance in the amount of 140 lari. We also receive a child benefit from the mayor's office in the amount of 50 lari for each child, that is 150 lari. And that's it. We live having only 290 lari per month.
My husband Temur is not working now, and used to work for the Coca-Cola company, but he was made redundant. Now he can't work, because he has a problem with his eyes. We don't even know what is the problem, we can't go to a good specialist – there is no possibility. He wanted to get a job as a janitor, but they didn't take him because of vision problems.
Thank God all the children are healthy!
– I see little Mariam is anxious to talk to me. Little one, what do you want to tell me?
Mariam (6 years old):
– Aunt, my favorite toy is the Elsa doll, my mother tells Elsa and me bedtime stories about funny animals from the forest. I'm not afraid, and Elsa...? Such a coward!
I like the Bunny, he runs away from everyone. He's such a coward (bursts out laughing)! He is afraid of everyone: the wolf, the bear, even the birds… But why? After all, mom and dad will always save them! What a stupid hare…
– Mari, do you want to go to school?
– Yes, I do. I already know the English letters! And I can count to 20! But, you know, aunt, I need dresses for school! After all, there are many children and I want to be beautiful like them! And I didn't go to the kindergarten to see the children as I had no dresses. Just don't forget – I'm a little plump and let the dresses be bigger! You won't forget, will you? – The child looked up at me with concern.
– No, child. Your mom will tell us your size and you will have beautiful new dresses.
– And there is something more... I think (she wrinkled her forehead and thought) that for greater happiness (spread her hands, showing the size of happiness) I need a pink bicycle, and that it has Elsa from the cartoon "Cold heart" drawn on it.
Also, when I go to school, I want to sleep alone, not with my mom and dad, because when mom has a seizure, she can strangle me at night. Very scary…
– Nino, what do you dream of the most?
– I dream of a cottage in the country… I want to have my own farm, a cow, a pig, chickens, a yard with flowers, I want my children to run in the yard. I can even see it in my dreams... I am not afraid of life in the country, I dream of it.
I see my girls running around the yard, drinking warm milk, I see their pink cheeks… That's what I need to be happy…
– What are in your opinion the things you need at home in the first place?
Nino: first of all, "Nutriben 1" formula milk for Gabriella and Daniella! This is the most important for us now.
And for home, I've never had a washing machine in my life. If you can, give it to me! This will be a real happiness for me! With my illness, it is very difficult for me to wash in cold water.
We have nothing: no refrigerator, no heater, no gas stove. It is necessary to prepare food for one day – after all, there is nothing to store cooked food and products in.
I would like a separate bed for my daughter Mariam, who is already 6 years old, she still sleeps with us in the same bed, we cannot buy her a separate bed.
– Why did you decide to apply to our Fund?
Nino: No one needs us, and everyone is talking about your Fund. I believe that there will be people who will help us, who will take our trouble to heart. I think that the Chernovetskyi Fund will help us find new loyal friends.
Friends, as you can see, the Lariashvili large family is in extreme need. To survive, the family is in dire need of food, medicines, furniture and household appliances!
Let's support them, show mercy, give the children a chance to develop normally and have a happy childhood. All children need a healthy and lively mother, friends, let's save her life! You can personally visit this family and provide assistance. The children and their parents will be merely happy! Call Nino, find out about her needs, cheer her up, support her, tell her that she is not alone and that nobody will leave them alone in their trouble! It is very important.
Here is their address: Tbilisi, Mukhiani, 1 m/r, building A, apartment 11 tel: 598 37 25 35
Dear friends, Chernovetskyi Fund initiates a charitable action: to help the Lariashvili. As you know, the Fund does not stop at one-time assistance. Without children, the country and people have no future. Take care of the younger generation! Help them survive! "Write them down" as your relatives. And we are sure that the Lord himself will bless you.
And be sure to repost our publication. Let all your friends know about the grief of this family! It is very important.
God gives us the opportunity to take care of people who are not able to do it themselves. Not all people are the same. And not everyone is as kind as we are. Please, do not pass aside the sorrow of others! Unhappy people are given to us from above so that we can prove our faith to the Almighty not in words but in deeds!
Friends, there is one more request, if you know about the misfortune of a neighbor or friend, do a Charitable deed, write to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Fund account GE15TB7194336080100003, GE42LB0115113036665000 or GE64BG0000000470458000 (purpose: Lariashvili family). You can also transfer money from our website.
You can as well transfer money from the terminals of OPPA, TBCpay and ExpressPay. Find our Fund in "Charity" section. (You can learn about the additional rights and obligations of the Fund by following the link https://goo.gl/GY2Gus).